- 2 cups Jada poha/ Flatten rice
- 1 medium sized potato, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium sized onion, finely chopped
- 2 green chilies finely chopped
- 1 tbsp coriander leaves finely chopped
- ¼ cup ground nuts
- 4 tbsp oil
- ½ lemon
- 1 tbsp mustered and cumin seeds
- ½ tbsp turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- Pinch of sugar
- Rinse the poha in a strainer, in running water. Don’t rinse too much because it will become mushy dough. The poha should be whole and separated.
- In a kadai heat oil add mustard seeds and cumin seeds, when they splutter add green chili and ground nuts, stir for one second and add onion. Sauté the onion for one minute now add potato. Sauté the potatoes till they become soft. Cover the lead and cook potatoes for 5 seconds.
- Now add soaked poha, salt, turmeric and pinch of sugar. Sauté the entire poha for 2 minutes on low heat. Sprinkle lemon juice and mix well again.
- Cover the lead and leave the poha to get steamed for 1 minute.
- Remove the lead and garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve hot poha with curd.
Note- Add grated coconut while serving for the better taste.
Bhakti D MBA in HR and Finance who found her love and passion in cooking and writing. She enjoys experimenting new recipes as much as enjoy playing with her son, she also brings her expertise as a parent and a qualified professional to WSL