“You are going to make a Hinglish film which only 10 people will see,” when your producer says this to you, you know your idea and you gotta take the backseat! But not when you are Homi Adajania. Despite producer Dinesh Vijan’s apprehensions, Homi Adajania went ahead with his ambitious ‘offbeat’ venture Finding Fanny and if you have seen the trailer already, you know this one is going to be a memorable hunt.
So while the mad gang is out there busy finding Ms Fanny Fernandez, we decided to pick out five points on why are we so impressed by this one.
- The Cast: Naseeruddin Shah, Dimple Kapadia and Pankaj Kapur alongside Deepika Padukone and Arjun Kapoor – power packed veterans and the energetic new generation duo. While Homi has brought Naseeruddin Shah and Dimple Kapadia together once again after Being Cyrus and is working with Deepika again after Cocktail, the role of Savio for Arjun Kapoor came as a surprise for him.
- The Plot: It’s a tale of five Goans who set together on a trip to look for Stephanie ‘Fanny’ Fernandez, Ferdie’s (Naseeruddin Shah) childhood sweetheart. Ferdie claims that he has loved fanny all his life, yet we do not know for certain if Fanny is a real person or just a figment of his imagination. The five eventually get separated. How the journey unfolds and if they actually find Fanny is something to watch out for.
- Offbeat and in two languages: The 90 minute long film is not your regular Bollywood masala flick. Its crisp, humorous and a simple satire with no surprise action entries. Also watch out for the hindi number ‘O Fanny re’.
- Ranveer Signh: Yes girls, Ranveer Singh! He does a cameo in the film as Gabo, Angie’s (Deepika) would-be-groom. We are keen on checking out the much talked about chemistry between the two real life love birds in the film.
- Arjun Kapoor and Pankaj Kapur: After his raw and impressive performance in Gunday, the young Kapoor boy looks promising as a young mechanic who is basically a loser in life. “It was almost like going to an acting class…having such fantastic actors around. The idea is to do something different…,” Arjun was quoted saying to an English daily in a recent interview. As for Pankaj Kapur, last seen in Matru Ki Bijlee Ka Mandola, the way he ogles at Dimple Kapadia in the trailer, we can be assured that he is going to be one lustful old man!
Are you looking forward to Finding Fanny? Check out the trailer and let us know what you think of it!