Tomato soup is almost everyone’s favourite. But how many times have you tried it at home, only to be disappointed for not getting the taste right. Well, it is a matter of using the right ingredients in right quantities. Today, we are going to show you how to make the perfect tomato soup which everyone would love!
- Tomatoes – 1/2 kg (6 no)
- Onion – 1(med) (chopped roughly)
- Garlic – 2 cloves
- Peppercorns – 2 to 3
- Bay leaf – 1
- Salt – to taste
- White pepper – 1/4 tsp
- White sauce – 1 cup (homemade, same one that you use for pasta)
- Water – 3 cups
- Cream, Parsley or Coriander- To garnish
- Take a pan and boil together tomatoes, onions, garlic, peppercorns & bay leaf for 8 to 10 minutes, (till the tomatoes & onions are soft )
- Strain the water & reserve it.
- Cool tomatoes & onions. Blends them to smooth puree.
- Strain the above puree to the reserved stock and put it on heat.
- Add salt and pepper and cook it for about 4 – 5 minutes.
- Gradually add the white sauce to the soup.
- Cook for few minutes and serve hot garnished with a little cream on top plus parsley or coriander.
At Whatshelikes, we keep the millennial woman updated with everything that’s happening around her be it fashion & lifestyle, health, events, movie reviews to name a few. We consistently strive to bring a gamut of authentic content from all across the country at just a click.