A first aid kit, needless to say, is essential for every household and its importance continues to be of utmost importance.Firstly, a first aid kit needs to be kept in a place which you can easily find and should be accessible to every member of the family.
Secondly, a first aid kit should be in your house as well as your car you never know when you would need it, right?
- Adhesive tape such as Band-aid for minor cuts and injuries.
- Anti-septic liquid ( a small bottle of Dettol or Savalon).
- Sterile Gauze pad in varying sizes and an adhesive tape to secure them( I prefer the Johnson and Johnson First Aid Tape) The Adhesive tape can also secure small cuts and bruises effectively.
- A pair of disposable gloves (comes in handy especially when dealing with someone else’s wounds).Disposable gloves come in handy especially when dealing with open wounds or any other body fluids.
- Thermometers (preferably the digital thermometers for its accuracy and easy use during emergencies).
- An anti-biotic cream such as Soframycin.
- An anti-septic powder such as Neosporin powder.
- An Over-the Counter (OTC) pain killer.
- Sharp Scissors.
- Safety pins.
Awareness is the key to Safety. Go ahead, be safe and stay safe.
These items are essential for anyone trying to make a first aid kit. Keep these in handy, and it will never let you down in an emergency situation.
Smita Diwan a Television Journalist and Communication Specialist with an experience of 10 years in media and leading satellite channels started whatshelikes.in as a digital hub for women in India. Smita specialises in Lifestyle, Home Decor, Health, Food and Product reviews. When she is not working,she is researching or practising yoga! @SmitaDiwanhttps://www.instagram.com/smitadiwan/?hl=en