We call them dumpling,dim sum or momo’s ! Who doesn’t like the steamy and soft stuffed miniatures with hot and spicy red sauce. This global cuisine is world famous from Europe to Asia. Dumpling lovers can relish them anytime and anywhere.Here is the healthy and delicious recipe for your sunday meal !
Ingredients for Dough
2 Cups All Purpose Flour/ Maida.
1 Tsp Salt
1 Tsp Sesame Oil
Ingredients for Filling
1 Cabbage,1 Carrot grated finely.
7 Garlic Pods chopped finely.
3 Inch Ginger chopped finely.
half Bunch Spring Onions chopped finely.
1 1/2 Tsp Pepper Powder.
Salt to taste.
3-4 Green Chilies Chopped very fine.
( grate all the vegetables above fine )
· Mix all flour, sesame oil, salt and water to make dough.
· Allow a few minutes for the oil to get perfumed with ginger & garlic in it.
· Add the thinly chopped cabbage, carrots.
· Allow all the veggies to cook soft. Make sure they are not overcooked.
· This step alone could be prepared ahead and stored in an air tight container.
Filling the Dumplings/DIM SUMS
1. Roll out 4-5 balls with the prepared dough and take out one. Keep the rest covered.
2. With a rolling pin make in to thin chappatis dusting with the flour.
3. Fill the roti with cooked vegetables
4. Steam them for 15 minute
Smita Diwan a Television Journalist and Communication Specialist with an experience of 10 years in media and leading satellite channels started whatshelikes.in as a digital hub for women in India. Smita specialises in Lifestyle, Home Decor, Health, Food and Product reviews. When she is not working,she is researching or practising yoga! @SmitaDiwan