It’s raining in Mumbai and all I can think of is Hot and Creamy soup to go with this monsoon. Eggplants are available in abundance in the market, so I thought why not make use of them. Check out this quick and filling recipe for your Tuesday dinner.
- 1 blub garlic
- 1 /2 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1(1 1/2pound) Eggplant
- 3/4 cup tomato puree
- 1 dash black peppeR
- 1/4 finely chopped onion
- 5 cups of vegetable broth
- 1/4 teaspoon olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 350 degree
2. Peel of garlic , then cut the top off to the cloves. Rub exposed with 1/4 teaspoon olive oil, and set onto the prepared baking sheet.Poke the eggplant; place into oven.
3. Bake in preheat oven until the garlic has turned golden brown and the eggplant is tender, 30 minutes, Allow to cool enough to handle. Peel eggplant and chop into large chunks; peel or squeeze roasted garlic from skin, and set aside.
4.Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Stir onion, and cook soft and translucent, about 5 minuted. Pour in vegetable/chicken broth then stir in reserved eggplant,roasted garlic,tomato puree, and pepper. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, then reduce heat to medium-low,cover and simmer for 40 minutes
5 Once cooked, carefully puree soup in blender or in food processor until smooth. Return soup to the stove in a clean saucepan. Stir in half-and-half season to taste with salt,paper,cook over medium-low until hot.
Tips : You can make eggplant soup in your own Indian styles by adding boiled sprouts,crushed bay leaves or cumin powder.
Bhakti D MBA in HR and Finance who found her love and passion in cooking and writing. She enjoys experimenting new recipes as much as enjoy playing with her son, she also brings her expertise as a parent and a qualified professional to WSL