Saffola Oil is a product of Marico group, one of India’s leading firms that has made a name for itself in the beauty and wellness space globally.
What the brand claims
The brand claims that Saffola Total Oil has twice the anti-oxidant power compared than Olive oil. It claims that it has 10 % lower absorption than ordinary oils. It is endorsed by some leading nutritionists and uses multiseed technology.
What she likes
- The claim that Saffola Total Oil makes regarding twice the anti-oxidant power compared to Olive Oil seems genuine. Saffola Total is a combination of Rice Bran Oil and Safflower Oil. Rice Bran Oil contains oryzanol that has an added anti-oxidant effect.
- Saffola uses a patented technology called Losorb, that enables lesser absorption while cooking.
- One more notable thing is Saffola Oil is lower in Saturated Fat (Bad fats) as compared to Olive Oil.
- Use of Saffola Oil does not leave any residual smell.
- The Oil is of very good quality and does not smoke much while cooking.
What she hates
- There is no such negative comment about the oil that I could write about.
Saffola Total Oil is good for daily use. The combination of two oils offers much more benefit than using a single oil. One personal advice that I would like to give is, no matter how good an oil is, it is still oil. The health benefits are subject to your usage of oil. So, if you or any family member is a heart patient, it is important to reduce the use of oil.
Also, it is good to use different cooking oils after a sustained period of usage. This helps even out your nutritional requirement, as each oil has its pros and cons.
Wishing your family the best of good health. Till then take care and stay healthy!
I ltr = 180 Rupees