We’re all for food products that taste good and are convenient to make.
In today’s world with so much to do and so little time, no one pays a visit the supermarket as often as required. And let’s face it; we’re all over 2- Minute Maggi Mania that took us by the storm not so long ago.
In the quest for an alternate, we came across Chef’s Basket. Here’s an unique concept of providing assembled products to save on time and energy. Anything to not have to go to all that trouble of shopping every week, instead someone is doing it for you!
Assembling Recipe Kit is a great idea for women who are always on-the-go, bachelors who always want to escape cooking by ordering Take-Outs and basically anyone who’s feeling lazy to cook!
We tried Chef’s Basket ‘Creamy Tomato in Penne’ to see if we really could escape the cooking disasters that ensue every now and then in our kitchens!
1. For starters we loved the very idea of giving all the ingredients in one place. Makes life so much easier to have everything you need in front of you!
2. They’ve really packaged it well. When you look at it, you really want to buy it because well, human psychology responds so well to all-things-pretty!
3. Instructions given on the kit are very clear. You don’t need to be a wizard in the kitchen to nail this one!
4. Quantity is sufficient for 2 people to enjoy the meal.
5. Tastes like how pasta in red sauce would with a tangy and sweet tomato flavor.
6. The crunchiness of the olives really adds that zing to the home-cooked meal.
1. While the tomato base has been provided for; the trouble of having to cut vegetables could seem tiresome.
2. We felt the price is steep compared to product offering.
3. Although it says creamy tomato, we were disappointed to note the cream seemed to be missing from the ingredients. But adding cheddar cheese can easily do the trick to this otherwise great recipe!
Price: Rs. 300 for 559g
Sabika loves to read, go on long drives and is a die hard foodie. When not working, she’s busy making plans to travel the world!