Cucumber is the best and cheapest vegetable to beat the scorching summer heat. Cucumbers are fresh, juicy and hydrating for your body. Eating raw cucumber is always more beneficial but sometime you get bored of it. WSL brings you some fabulous cucumber recipes with a desi twist.
Cucumber mint cooler
1. 2 cucumbers peeled and cubed, 1 tsp lemon juice, 4 tsp mint leaves, Sugar as per the taste, ½ tbsp black salt, 8 tbsp crushed ice, 4 mint leaves.
2. Combine cucumber, lemon juice, 4 tbsp mint leaves, sugar and black salt with 1 cup cold water; blend the mixture till it become smooth.
3. Strain mixture using strainer.
4. Serve chill with crushed ice and mint leaves.
1. 4 tbsp cilantro/ coriander ,2 cups cucumber peeled and chopped,3 pods of garlic,½ cup chopped onion,¼ cup chopped tomato, Salt to taste, Roasted cumin seeds powder ¼ tsp,¼ cup creamy yogurt,1 ½ tsp lemon juice
2. In a large bowl combine all the ingredients except yogurt. Pour yogurt on mixture and mix well.
3. Refrigerate and serve chill.
Tip- you can add some basil leaves and chopped fruits.
Creamy cucumber dressing
1. 1 medium cucumber sliced, 1 cup light mayonnaise, 2 tbsp chopped onion, 5 basil leaves.
2. Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Refrigerate in an airtight container.
3. Spread this creamy cucumber dressing on sandwich bread. Layer cheese slice and veggies as per your choice. Enjoy creamy sandwich!!
Tip-If you don’t like mayonnaise use fresh cream instead of mayonnaise.
1. 1/3 cup grated cucumber, ½ cup rice flour, 2 tbsp curd, ¼ tsp cumin powder, ½ tsp carom seeds, 2 tsp fresh coriander finely chopped, salt to taste, ¼ tsp termuric powder.
2. Combine all ingredients; add enough water. Mix well to make a smooth batter.
3. Keep aside for 15 minutes.
4. Heat a non-stick tawa, spread little oil. Spread a ladleful of batter and make round pancake.
5. Cook on medium flame till both the sides become light brown. Serve hot pancake with tomato sauce.
Bhakti D MBA in HR and Finance who found her love and passion in cooking and writing. She enjoys experimenting new recipes as much as enjoy playing with her son, she also brings her expertise as a parent and a qualified professional to WSL