- 1 – 2 Oranges
- 1/2 Small cup sugar
- 1 Small cup water
- 2 Tea spoons honey
- Wash the orange and slit the peel into four parts. Remove the peels and retain them.
- Blanch these peels for a minute 3 times, changing the water each time. The peels soften and become less bitter. Drain the water and Keep the peels aside.
- Gently scrape out the inner white layer of the rind (peel) With knife to reduce the bitterness further.
- Heat water in a broad vessel, add sugar and dissolve it.
- Add the blanched peels and cook in simmer until the sugar syrup turns little thick.
- Keep the peels in the sugar syrup 1 or 2 days to reduce the strong flavour.
- Take out the peels and roll them. Place a toothpick in the middle.
- Coat a layer of honey and serve.
- The sugar syrup can be used to add flavour to pastries and sweets.
- Being rich in fibre orange peel is helpful in digestion and these rolls can be consumed after meal like the traditional Paan.
- Orange peel has high contents of vitamin C.
- The strong orange flavour also makes these rolls a mouth freshener.