- 1 – 2 Oranges
- 1/2 Small cup sugar
- 1 Small cup water
- 2 Tea spoons honey
- Wash the orange and slit the peel into four parts. Remove the peels and retain them.
- Blanch these peels for a minute 3 times, changing the water each time. The peels soften and become less bitter. Drain the water and Keep the peels aside.
- Gently scrape out the inner white layer of the rind (peel) With knife to reduce the bitterness further.
- Heat water in a broad vessel, add sugar and dissolve it.
- Add the blanched peels and cook in simmer until the sugar syrup turns little thick.
- Keep the peels in the sugar syrup 1 or 2 days to reduce the strong flavour.
- Take out the peels and roll them. Place a toothpick in the middle.
- Coat a layer of honey and serve.
- The sugar syrup can be used to add flavour to pastries and sweets.
- Being rich in fibre orange peel is helpful in digestion and these rolls can be consumed after meal like the traditional Paan.
- Orange peel has high contents of vitamin C.
- The strong orange flavour also makes these rolls a mouth freshener.
Bhakti D MBA in HR and Finance who found her love and passion in cooking and writing. She enjoys experimenting new recipes as much as enjoy playing with her son, she also brings her expertise as a parent and a qualified professional to WSL