Summer’s are here and all mothers want to make something nice and exciting for their kids ! Here we bring in Fairy cakes to help you make your friday memorable.
1) 110gm margarine or butter.
2) 110gm caster sugar.
3) 110gm self-rising flour.
4) 2 lightly beaten eggs.
5) Vanilla extract (1tsp).
6) Milk (1-2tsp).
For Icing: Icing sugar (300gms).,3 drops fruit coloring,2 drops of water,Other cake decorations according to taste.
1) Use paper cases to line 12 fairy cake tins and preheat the oven at 180C.
2) Use a bowl to cream the sugar and the butter till they turn pale. Add the eggs while you alternate the beating with the adding. Add in a little of the vanilla extract too.
3) Use a large metal spoon for folding in the flour. Add some milk till the mixture has a consistency that is soft and dropping.
4) Use a spoon to fill the paper cases till each is almost half full.
5) Bake the paper cases with the mixture for about 10 minutes till the top turns golden-brown. Insert a skewer to see if it comes out clean. Use a wire rack to set the paper cases for cooling. Let them cool for 10 minutes.
6) Use a mixing bowl for sifting the icing sugar. Pour enough water so that the mixture is smooth.
7) Drizzle the icing on top of the cakes and immediate sprinkle decorations before the icing turns hard.
Smita Diwan a Television Journalist and Communication Specialist with an experience of 10 years in media and leading satellite channels started whatshelikes.in as a digital hub for women in India. Smita specialises in Lifestyle, Home Decor, Health, Food and Product reviews. When she is not working,she is researching or practising yoga! @SmitaDiwan