The world is talking about the new food trends of cauliflower pizza crust to cauliflower popcorn but nothing can match our desi homemade Manchurian and garlic fried rice. Veg gravy Manchurian is my families fav recipe. I make this often when we are bored of eating same usual food. Here’s my melt-in-mouth Manchurian recipe!
Preparation time : 15 mins
Cooking time 20 mins
Total time : 35 mins
Recipe type : Main dish
Cuisine : Indo Chinese
Serves : 4
For the Manchurian balls-
Finely chopped cabbage – 2 cup
Finely chopped green spring onion – ½ cup
Maida – ¾ cup
Cornflour- 1 tbsp
Black pepper crushed – 1 tsp
Soy sauce – 1 tsp
Ginger-garlic paste – 1 tsp
Salt to taste
Oil for deep fry
For the gravy-
Soy sauce – 1 tbsp
Green chilly sauce – 1 tbsp
Tomato sauce – 1 tbsp
Vinegar – ½ tbsp (optional)
Cornflour – 1 ½ tbsp dissolved in ½ cup water
Garlic finely chopped – 1 tbsp
Ginger finely chopped – 1 tbsp
Green chilli finely chopped – ½ tbsp
Green spring onion – ¼ cup
Black pepper powder – ½ tsp
1 tbsp oil
- For the Manchurian balls
- In a large bowl mix all Manchurian ball ingredients add very little water, make round shape.
- Deep fry balls till golden browned.
- Transfer on tissue paper, keep aside.
For the gravy
- In a medium sized sauce pan add 1 tbsp oil saute ginger, garlic, green chilli and 2 tbsp spring onion on high flame for a ½ minute.
- Add ½ cup water, soy sauce, green chilly sauce and tomato sauce stir for 1 minute.
- Now add 1 cup water and cornflour paste to thicken the sauce, thicken the sauce as per your desired consistency.
- Add black pepper powder, vinegar, salt and Manchurian balls stir for one minute.
- Garnish with green onion, serve hot with steam rice.
Note – you can alter this recipe by adding ½ cup grated carrot, ¼ cup finely chopped bell pepper and 1 cup chopped cabbage into the Manchurian ball ingredients.
Bhakti D MBA in HR and Finance who found her love and passion in cooking and writing. She enjoys experimenting new recipes as much as enjoy playing with her son, she also brings her expertise as a parent and a qualified professional to WSL