Today I am sharing one of my favorite cake recipes. It has two healthy ingredients date and walnut. We know that your guests will be super impressed if you add some simple additions to this cake. So don’t wait to invite your family and friends over this weekend and impress them with date and walnut cake. Serve with some tea or coffee you’ll have a lovely evening. Let’s take a look at the process.
- 100 gms All-purpose Flour
- 100 gms Condensed milk
- 3 tbsp Butter
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 1 tsp Vanilla essence
- 150 gms Dates
- 40 gms Crushed Walnuts
- 100 ml Milk or water
- 2 tsp coffee optional
- Preheat the baking oven at 180’C for 15 minutes. Grease the small bread tin with butter or oil, keep it aside.
- Wash the dates properly, remove seeds and chop into small pieces. Cook dates in 75 ml of water and 1/2 tsp of soda till it becomes slightly dry and soft.
- In a large glass bowl beat butter , condensed milk and vanilla essence for 1 minute or till the mixture becomes fluffy . (coffee powder optional)
- Now sieve together flour, baking powder, and baking soda. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients.
- Fold the whole mixture with a spatula. Add milk, mix the batter with an electric beater on medium to high speed till the whole batter is uniform and mixed evenly.
- Add cooked dates and walnuts fold the mixture properly.
- Pour the batter into tin and bake at 180′ C for 35-40 minutes.
Serve the date walnut cake with warm coffee or tea.
Bhakti D MBA in HR and Finance who found her love and passion in cooking and writing. She enjoys experimenting new recipes as much as enjoy playing with her son, she also brings her expertise as a parent and a qualified professional to WSL