Mushrooms are superfood and countless scientific studies have proven this. They are great source of fibre and protein, while being low on calories. Here is a mushroom soup recipe that would make you go- Yum! Try it out and let us know in comments!
- Mushrooms: 200 grams (sliced)
- Onion: 1 Small (chopped)
- Bay leaf: 1
- Peppercorns: 3-4
- Garlic: 2-3 flakes
- Maida: 4 tsp
- Butter: 1/2 tbsp
- Water : 3 1/2 tbsp
- Milk: 1 cup
- Salt: to taste
- White pepper: 1/4 tsp
- Cream: to garnish
- Heat a little butter in a pan and add garlic, bay leaf and peppercorns.
- Keep aside a tablespoon of mushrooms
- Add onion and the rest of the mushrooms and cook for about 2 minutes
- Lower the heat and add maida and then cook for another half to one minute
- Add a little water and bring to boil, and cook for another 3-4 mintes
- Strain the water & reserve it.
- Cool the mushrooms & onions and blend to smooth puree adding 1 cup of reserved stock.
- Strain the mushroom puree to remaining reserved stock.
- Keep on heat, adding 1 tsp preserved mushrooms and milk. Cook for about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Serve hot, garnished with cream.
At Whatshelikes, we keep the millennial woman updated with everything that’s happening around her be it fashion & lifestyle, health, events, movie reviews to name a few. We consistently strive to bring a gamut of authentic content from all across the country at just a click.