Green peas are considered nutritious due to the amount of fibre, protein and antioxidants they contain. Peas are used in Indian cuisine for pulav, vegetable curries, parathas but do you know you can’t also make a delicious pea soup? We bet you didn’t. Unlike Parathas and Pulav, soup is a much healthier choice as it doesn’t require much oil. You can make this soup very easily too, even when you have less time on hand. Lets have a look at what all we need for this soup-
- Shelled peas: 1 cup
- Onion: 1/4 cup
- Garlic: 2-3 flakes
- Bay leaf: 1
- Milk: 1/2 cup
- Water: 3 cups
- Cornflour: 1 tbsp
- Peppercorns: 2 to 3
- Salt: to taste
- White pepper: 1/4 tsp
- Heat little butter in a pan and then add garlic, peppercorns, bay leaf and sauté once & then go on to add onions & peas. Cook for 2 minutes approximately.
- Add water and pressure cook for 2 whistles so that the peas are cooked.
- Strain & reserved the stock.
- Keep a tablespoon of boiled peas aside while blending the remaining ones to smooth puree.
- Add 1 cup of reserved stock to it.
- Add the peas puree to the remaining stock.
- Add salt, pepper & milk and keep on heat for five minutes.
- Take the cornflour and make paste with a little water and then add it to the heating mixture. Cook for 2 minutes more.
- Garnished with reserved peas & little cream. Serve hot.
At Whatshelikes, we keep the millennial woman updated with everything that’s happening around her be it fashion & lifestyle, health, events, movie reviews to name a few. We consistently strive to bring a gamut of authentic content from all across the country at just a click.