I had the last batch of organic mangoes left in my house and less time in hand. This year I really enjoyed naturally ripened mangoes and stocked some of them in the form of puree. Did you know that keeping mango pulp in a tight container will increase the shelf life of the pulp? You can even use that pulp for next six months.After thinking for a while I decided to come up with my own version of Mango Phirni. It’s super simple and quick to make.
½ litre milk
4 tbsp rice
1 large cup mango puree (Alphonso)
½ cup sugar
½ tsp cardamom powder
5 almonds (soak in water for 30 minutes, peel and chop)
Few saffron strands(optional)
- Soak rice half an hour
- Make puree
- Boil the milk for 15 minutes
- Add sugar into a boiled milk.
- Add cardamom powder
- Add rice puree
- Stir the mixture continuously
- Wait for just one minute
- Cool down the mixture for 2 hours.
- Refrigerate for 2-3 hours
- Remove Phirni after 3 hours
- Now mix the chilled mango puree in Phirni well
- Garnish with chopped almond and saffron strand.