Mangoes are an excellent source of Vitamin A and C, as well as a good source of Potassium and contain beta carotene.Beyond being delicious in taste and rich in vitamins, minerals and anti-oxidants, mangos contain an enzyme with stomach soothing properties similar to papain found in papayas. These comforting enzymes act as a digestive aid.
It’s time to indulge in mango recipes crafted in my kitchen 🙂 very simple and easy to make! Beat the heat with these delicious recipes and let us know if you have your own method of making it.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 25 minutes
- 250 Gms ripe mango pulp
- 250 Gms powdered sugar
- 250 Gms khoya
- 1/2 tsp cardamom powder
- 1 tsp chopped pistachio
- 4 crushed Almonds
- 4 crushed cashew nuts
1. Mix together the mango pulp and 100 Gms sugar and cook in a thick vessel till reduced by half.
2. Grate the khoya and fry it in a kadai on a medium flame.
3. When khoya get light pink in color, add the remaining 150 Gms of Sugar and the sweetened mango pulp and cook for 5 minutes or till the mixture is semi-solid. Now remove the mixture from the fire.
4. Mix cardamom powder evenly. Take empty greased plate and pour the mixture evenly. Decorate with pista, cashew and almond nuts.
5. Refrigerate it for at least 1 hour. Cut the burfi into small pieces. Ready to serve.
Total time 60 minutes
- All purpose flour 1 ¼ cup
- Baking powder 1 tsp
- Baking soda 1 tsp
- Cardamom powder 1 tsp
- Unsalted butter 1/3 cup
- Sweetened condensed milk 1 ¼ cup
- Mango pulp 1 cup
- Mango sauce
- Mango pulp ½ cup
- Powdered sugar 1 tbsp
- Cream 2 tbsp
1. Preheat the oven at 180 degree C for at least 10 minutes.
2. Prepare the 9 inch cake tin. Grease the tin with butter or oil.
3. Take dry ingredients (all purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda and cardamom powder) in a bowl. Sieve them together if flour has many lumps.
4. In another bowl take condensed milk and butter beat it well for few second. Now add mango pulp and beat for 2 minutes.
5. Now add the dry ingredients. Mix it till everything gets incorporated.
6. Pour the batter into prepared pan.
7. Bake in preheated oven for 40 minutes.
Let the cake cool completely.
8. While make mango sauce by adding mango pulp, sugar and cream.
9. Cut the cake into slices pour chilled mango sauce and serve.
Mango almond smoothie
Total time 10 minutes.
- 3 ripe alphonso mangoes
- 15-18 almonds
- 1/4 tsp cardamom powder
- Sugar is optional
- Some ice cubes
- A few mints leaves for garnishing – optional
1. Peel and chop the mangoes.
2. Crush the cardamom.
3. Add the chopped mangoes, almonds, crushed cardamom, sugar and ice cubes in a blender.
4. Blend till smooth.
5. Pour in long glasses or mugs.
6. Top with some chopped mangoes and fresh mint leaves.
7. Serve it chilled.
Note- You can add milk as per your taste.
Mango with lemon sorbet
Preparation time 5 minutes
Cooking time 5 minutes
2 tbsp. lemon juice, 2 cups mango puree, 1/4 cup sugar, 1/2 cup water.
Combine water and sugar in small pan. Bring it to boil now shake the pan gently until sugar is dissolved. Boil it for 1 minute. Transfer the mixture in to medium bowl and let it be cool completely. Add mango puree and lemon juice and mix well. Force through a fine sieve. Add ice cubes and serve it.
Bhakti D MBA in HR and Finance who found her love and passion in cooking and writing. She enjoys experimenting new recipes as much as enjoy playing with her son, she also brings her expertise as a parent and a qualified professional to WSL