When you are a mother you cannot afford to continue with the lifestyle which you lead before entering motherhood. There are certain necessary changes in your lifestyle which you should make so that you are able to provide a constant flow of milk to your child.
[highlight highlightColor=”highlight-green” ]Diet: [/highlight]
1. Your milk is affected by what you eat. So it is important that you have a well-balanced diet.
2. Low fat milk products like yogurt, milk and cheese form an important of the diet. For getting a constant supply of iron go for legumes.
3. Brown rice contains low carbs and it helps you keep up your energy level.
4. Eggs also help you meet your daily protein needs.
5. Leafy greens vitamin C, iron and calcium. They are the best non-dairy source of calcium.
7. Water should be consumed in good quantity that it keeps your body hydrated and helps in production of milk.
[highlight highlightColor=”highlight-green” ]Habits to give up:[/highlight]
Smoking is leads to taking in of toxins in your body’s system. So w while you breastfeed, it is advisable to keep this habit at bay.
Alcohol moves easily in and out of your breast milk. You child will not like the taste of the milk and it might also lead to health problems for the baby.
[highlight highlightColor=”highlight-green” ]Care about medicines taken: [/highlight]
If you are under medication for some chronic ailments it is better to consult your lactation consultant as to whether the medicines might have an adverse effect on your milk production. Make sure about the safety of over counter cough syrups and pills before you start having them.
A book editor and a content writer, my first love has always been to write. I’m also a romantic at heart and love dwelling in my own world of imagination.