Everyone is talking about Red Velvet Cupcakes from a long time. I tried them first at a cake shop and since then I was trying to find a perfect recipe. My first impression was is it chocolate or vanilla flavor? Confusing flavor. I can hardly explain the taste in words, but everyone seems to be enjoying them a lot!
These cupcakes are so spongy, moist, buttery, full of vanilla flavor with a hint of chocolate goodness. And the salty and tangy flavor of frosting on the top complement each other, sweet cupcake and tangy frosting tastes so yummilicious!! It’s a must try on Christmas. Here is the step by step recipe for you.
100 gm all purpose flour
120 gm condensed milk
3 tbsp butter
2 tbsp powdered sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
2 tbsp cocoa powder
1-2 tsp red food color
1 tsp vanilla essence
80 ml butter milk
- Preheat the oven at 180’ C for 15 minutes. Grease the cupcakes mold with butter or use silicone mold and keep aside.
- In a large glass bowl add all wet ingredients butter, condensed milk, vanilla essence and food color.
- Beat all ingredients for one minute till the mixture becomes fluffy. (use electric beater)
- Now sieve together all dry ingredients i.e flour, sugar powder, baking powder, baking soda and cocoa powder.
- Add dry ingredients into wet ingredients and fold the mixture with a spatula.
- Add milk and beat the whole mixture again for 1 minute. Cupcake batter is ready to pour into the mold.
Pour batter into molds and bake for 25 minutes at 180’C.
½ cup butter (unsalted)
1 ¼ cup icing sugar/ sugar powder
3 tbsp whole milk thick yogurt
½ tsp salt (don’t use salt if you are using salted butter )
Beat together butter and icing sugar for 30 seconds. Add yogurt and salt beat again for 30 seconds. Pour butter cream into an icing bag and design your cupcakes. Or just spread the frosting cream with the butter knife. (Frosting can be done only on cold cupcake else butter will melt. )
Bhakti D MBA in HR and Finance who found her love and passion in cooking and writing. She enjoys experimenting new recipes as much as enjoy playing with her son, she also brings her expertise as a parent and a qualified professional to WSL