Cream basundi is my all time favourite recipe. It’s very easy to make and tastes just delcious. Here is a delectable collection of unique Diwali recipes which are really easy and could be made in less than 30 minutes. So, have fun while making it and here’s wishing everyone a very Happy Diwali!!
- Caramelize 3 tbsp of sugar in a pan till it turns light brown. Add 3 cups of milk to it and stir for 5 minutes.
- Add finely chopped anjeer, cardamom powder, milk mixed in saffron, finely chopped almond and pistachio and stir it for 5 minutes
- Then add condensed milk and corn flour slurry.
- Stir well and switch off the gas
- Add 1 tbsp of gelatin water and stir properly
- Pour the above mixture in a bowl and let it cool for 15 minutes at a room temperature
- Add whipped cream to it and whisk it for 5 minutes
- Pour the mixture in disposable glasses and keep it in a refrigerator for 4 hours
While serving chilled Cream Basundi, add apple pieces and pomegranate as topping and decorate with mint leaves and sprinkle some icing sugar.
This recipe is contributed by our reader Mrs. Charu Pandya
Smita Diwan a Television Journalist and Communication Specialist with an experience of 10 years in media and leading satellite channels started whatshelikes.in as a digital hub for women in India. Smita specialises in Lifestyle, Home Decor, Health, Food and Product reviews. When she is not working,she is researching or practising yoga! @SmitaDiwanhttps://www.instagram.com/smitadiwan/?hl=en