Hello..hello…hello..awaaz aa rahi hai aap logo ko? When a bald and bearded Shahid Kapoor, with a microphone in hand, says this, you can already feel something sinister and spine chilling about it. The pained and wronged son Haider, who’s father has disappeared, who’s stepmother calls herself a half widow and has alleged affairs with her brother in law and later with her own son.. yes, this is a Vishal Bharadwaj film I am talking about.
An adaptation of Shakespeare’s Hamlet, Haider promises to be more than just a film. It has a raw beauty just like all Vishal Bharadwaj films. Scheduled to release on October 2, 2014, a power packed star cast (Tabu, Shahid Kapoor, Kay Kay Menon, Ashish Vidyarthi, Shraddha Kapoor and many more) and some of the most beautiful locales of Kashmir have already captured the viewers’ attention in the trailers.
Some of the key features that clearly stand out in the 2.23 minutes long trailer brought to you by UTV Motion Pictures are:
- Shahid Kapoor! The look, the anger, the pain, the expressions and the sadist – he has almost mastered them all. Watch out the scenes between him and his step mother, the tension between them, the agony and the hunger for vengeance in his eyes are just so convincing.
- Tabu, is always a delight to watch! If you have seen Maqbool, then you know what magic this veteran actor can create if she is in Vishal’s hands. What’s more, Tabu will also be seen crooning a number Roshe Valle for this one! Do not miss.
- Vishal Bharadwaj. Trust him to break barriers and come up with concepts as innovative as a love angle between a son and his stepmother. Co-written with Basharat Peer , Vishal has also given the music for the film. His second venture with Shahid after Kaminey, expectations are sky high.
- Shakespearean Tragedy. This English playwright was not called a genius for nothing. All his plays are well ahead of his times, classic tragedies with intense romance and drama. How Vishal manages to adapt it in the Indian scenario will be something to watch out for.
- Shraddha Kapoor: True, she failed to meet expectations in the recently released Ek Villain,however, with an interesting role as that of Arshia, a love lorn journalist, we would certainly wish to see if she has graduated from her overacting days yet.
Watch the trailer and let us know what do you think..