Sunday is the time to cook something different and experiment with new recipes. I love using pumpkin for various dishes. In fact I am planning to try a complete series of Pumpkin recipes for our lovely readers. Here’s one of the exotic recipe made out of pumpkin specially for those who are vegetarians and enjoy having comfort food.
- Preparation time: 20 minutes
- Cooking time: 30 minutes
- Serves: 4
½ pumpkin (about 400 gm)
1 onion finely chopped
1 garlic clove, crushed
350 gm risotto rice or use any starchy rice
Olive oil 2 tbsp
150 ml white wine
1 ltr vegetable stock
2 tbsp pesto
Salt and pepper powder to taste
- Peel the pumpkin, remove and discard the seeds and cut into 1.5cm cubes.
- Heat oil in a pan; fry pumpkin and onions on medium heat until it become soft.
- Add garlic, cook for 1 minute and then remove all the ingredients from the pan.
- Again heat the empty pan add the rice and wine. Bring to a boil and simmer for 2 minutes. Gradually add the vegetable stock, one ladleful at a time, adding each ladleful only when the previous one has been absorbed. Stir well after each addition. Continue to add stock until the rice is cooked. It will take about 15 minutes.
- Stir the pumpkin mixture into the risotto and add the pesto. Season; serve immediately.