Christmas is just three days from now and we can’t help but share eggless and no alcohol Christmas Cake recipe here as it has been a while I tried this recipe and haven’t shared with you guys. I had many trial and error sessions with this particular cake recipe. And this one has come out perfect.
Christmas cake is traditionally made from dry berries, dry fruits, nuts, and fruits marinated in brandy, rum or wine for a month or even for a year.
It is an eggless fruit cake, alcohol-free fruitcake. You can decorate your cake with plum and cherries but I like my cake simple without decorations. The shelf life of this cake is longer than any other cake, it will stay fresh for 10 days without a refrigerator. Serve this yummy Christmas cake along with masala chai or hot dark coffee.
Gift this homemade healthy Christmas cake loaf to your friends and family and impress them.
Merry Christmas and Happy new year in advance!
2 cup all-purpose flour
4 tbsp butter/ vegetable oil or any unflavored oil
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp soda
200 gm condensed milk
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
1/2 cup plain soda water
Pinch of salt
1/2 tsp cardamom powder
1/4 tsp nutmeg powder
1/4 tsp cinnamon powder
2 cup black grape juice
1/4 cup mixed berries (cranberries, blueberries.
1/4 cup chopped dates and raisins
1/4 cup chopped almonds and walnuts
(Soak all chopped ingredients into black grape juice for 12 hours, first 4 hours at room temperature, then keep in fridge)
(You can also use tutti-frutti, cashew nuts, dry fig, apricots as per your choice)
– Blend together condensed milk, butter or oil and vanilla essence for 2 minutes or till it becomes fluffy. (Use electric beater machine)
– now sieve together flour, baking soda, baking powder, all spices powder, and salt.
– transfer sieved ingredients into the blended butter and condensed milk mixture, mix well. Add 1/2 cup plain soda water. Blend the whole mixture again for a minute. Add very little water if batter becomes thicker.
– lastly, add the soaked ingredients along with the grape juice. Blend the whole mixture very lightly for a few seconds, just to mix the whole ingredients properly. ( Dry fruit and grape juice mixture should be at room temperature)
– Transfer the cake batter into the greased(grease the mold with butter to avoid sticking) cake mold. (Use bread loaf tin). Pat the tin twice to remove the air Incorporated into the batter.
– Place the cake tray into the preheated oven. Bake the cake at 180 C for 45 minutes. The cake tends to darken a lot during baking if this happens to cover the top with parchment paper in the middle of the baking process. Bake the cake till it turned dark brown.
Bhakti D MBA in HR and Finance who found her love and passion in cooking and writing. She enjoys experimenting new recipes as much as enjoy playing with her son, she also brings her expertise as a parent and a qualified professional to WSL