Think fairy tale moments, and every Indian girl gets to live it once in her lifetime – at her wedding. Rosy eyed, filled with millions of dreams, this is the moment that she wants to make the most of.
A major part of it is contributed by the jewelry she chooses to wear, therefore, it is very important to make the perfect selection. WSL has tried to make her task a little easier by picking up some of the best trends in jewelry for the winters of 2013.
The traditional choker continues to rule this season too. However, go for fusion chokers. Try diamonds and other colorful gems instead of gold. Pearls set in white gold is a classy and chic choice too. If you are the onventional kind, go for polka and kundan work in gold.
Vintage is cool and vintage is in. Those kamarbands and pajebs your mum had long forgotten will be sure to give you a royal look. A silver waist-belt on your low waist lahenga will do wonders for your figure and your overall look. Don’t forget those huge statement stone rings.
The simple pearl redefines elegance and grace. A string of pearls is an investment for life as it can brighten up and add a touch to class to no matter what you wear.
A classic mang tika never goes wrong and an jazz up your overall look.
• Often, would-be-brides choose their wedding ensemble first and then the jewelry, which is not the way to go about it. Your outfit and jewelry must be in sync with each other. Always invest in something you will be able to wear later as well.
• Do not end up looking like a jewelry shop by wearing everything together. Wear one statement piece, be it a neckpiece or danglers for the ear, and the rest should only compliment it.
• This season is all about bright colors. Go for colored stones, gems and emeralds. Remember, simple is classy and stylish. Too much of artwork will only spoil your look.
• In case your jewelry is bright and full of colors, keep your outfit sober, preferably pastel shades.
• Three jewelry pieces that will never go wrong are: a pair of diamond solitaires, a diamond or emerald set and chandelier earrings.
Always remember to that you are to wear the jewelry and the jewelry shouldn’t wear you. So go ahead, wear it in style and win him over!
A dreamer, a reader…and a crazy party animal, who loves to write. Trying to create something different each time, looking at the road ahead, gazing at the stars, wondering what their smile says…