With all the beauty ads doing the rounds, I came across this unique concept of Bio oil. I am pretty sure most of you must have seen its advertisement on TV. For those who haven’t been watching Bio Oil commercial, the company claims that its unique oil formulation can help prevent stretch marks. It has met with a good amount of success overseas and is now readily avaoiilable in India.
What the Brand Claims
It claims that is able to lessen the appearance/noticeability of scars.
What She likes
1. Bio Oil contains has ingredients of natural origin
2. Contains PurCellin OilTM. This oil is less thick than the normal oil we make use of and hence is easily absorbed into the skin.
3. Noticeable improvement in fine lines and wrinkles
4. Eliminates dryness of skin.
5. Safe for use during pregnancy.
1. Contains mineral oil (Paraffinum Liquidum). This ingredient is not recommended by some dermatologists (skin specialists) as some people may be allergic to it
I believe that Bio Oil is good for reducing the intensity of scars. It helps rebuild the collagen in your skin. However, it will not remove a scar completely. It can be used safely during pregnancy as a means to prevent scars. Overall, it is a decent product for daily use. What I did not appreciate about the product is its price. Bio Oil is priced at Rs. 450 for 60 ml, which makes me wonder….isn’t it a bit too much? I just hope that a more affordable daily use version of the oil gets introduced for us ladies. For the time being, Bio Oil isn’t much of a bad deal either.
Will come back to you with some more interesting reviews pretty soon. Watch this space! Till then, take care and be healthy!
Smita Diwan a Television Journalist and Communication Specialist with an experience of 10 years in media and leading satellite channels started whatshelikes.in as a digital hub for women in India. Smita specialises in Lifestyle, Home Decor, Health, Food and Product reviews. When she is not working,she is researching or practising yoga! @SmitaDiwanhttps://www.instagram.com/smitadiwan/?hl=en