Most of us slog in our daily lives, juggling between work and home responsibilities. Hence we do look forward to the much-needed exotic holiday. But planning a holiday is not an easy task as we need to keep in mind three vital parameters — time, money and energy. After all, you have to time your holiday right, it should be in your budget and should not exhaust you.
To make your life easier, we are coming up with a series of articles, one every week, which will help you, WSL readers, save for your holidays and plan them. If we miss something that might interest our other friends, feel free to comment on the articles to enlighten other readers.
This time we tell you all that you need to know about Bangkok.
The city is famous for it’s shopping districts, buddhist temples and exotics spas. Bangkok has a lot to offer, the more you will explore, more surprises will be thrown at you.
- Visa: Visa on arrival
- Emergency numbers for you: Tourist Police 1155, Emergency 191
- The best time to travel: October to January
Must visit places in Bangkok:
- Bangkok: Wat Pho, Wat Arun, Wat Saket, Grand Palace, Chao Phraya River. If you are traveling with kids show them Dusit Zoo (Cost – 100THB).
- Pattaya: Koh Larn, Tiffney Show, Walking Street,Big Buddha Temple,
- Places to shop: Chatuchak Weekend Market.This market includes more that 5000 permanent shop! Can you believe this ? It’s the largest market in Thailand (you have to be bit careful while shopping so that you don’t end up buying fake stuff), Indra Market, Seacon Square, MBK Mall,Floating Market, Saphan Khao Fruit Market,Pak Klong Talat Market.
Eat outs for veg and non-veg:
- Veg: Variety of fruits, coconut Water, coconut Ice Cream is a must try.
The best place to have vegetarian food in Bangkok is Mai Kaidee’s. This place is behind the Burger King near Khao San Road. Food is very fresh and you will end up spending not more than 80 THB. They even offer cooking classes.
You will not miss Indian food while in Bangkok. There are lots of joints, and not very costly. The only task is to find these joints. Moghul Room on Sukhimvit Soi 11 is a very good joint — they serve good food and is value for money.
- Must try: Banana pancakes, Coconut ice cream, Thai Ice tea,
- Non veg: Don’t miss out on Wang Lang Market, Kolng Toey Market – If you love fresh food, you’ll surely love this place. Shopping Tip – Buy Thai Ingredients from Kolng Market. Coyote’s in Silom, Meat Sticks,Seafood is a must try here.
- Things that you must buy: Clothes,Souvenirs, Gadgets (Seacon Square is Southeast Asia’s biggest mall for all electronic products)
- Do not miss to take Traditional Thai Massage & this will cost you 150 to 250 THB
How to save money:
- Instead of cabbing from Bangkok to Pattaya, opt for the 24-hour public bus service
- Prefer street stalls to restaurants
- Bargain with tuk tuk drivers
- Take Baht Bus in Pattaya for commuting in the city
- Opt for Tourist Boat for shuttling between islands. Don’t opt for tourist packages or speed boats.
Have a safe and pleasant stay in Bangkok .